January 4, 2014

【Reflection】 Movie "The Blind Side"





This has been my third time watching this movie. However, unlike the first time, a lot of thoughts flow to my head. What impresses me the most is the concept of "giving."


Like a lot of people, I used to consider "giving" as a one-way road. It is always the one who receives that gain. Therefore, to be honest, I was pretty reluctant to give, and money in particular. Since I didn't earn those money, I don't think I've really earn the right to give it. Furthermore, money sometimes could be a sensitive topic in my family. At least that is what I think. 

Before, as a volunteer, I always gain some positive feelings. It could be the satisfaction or a sense of achievement. Or I learned how lucky and happy I am through helping others. Still, it doesn't feel like a two-way road.

Yet this time, the conversation in the movie between Leigh and her friends strikes me. Her friends said, "You must changed his life!" And Leigh replied, "No, he has changed mine." 

Then I truly realized that while you're giving others a chance, you're taking an opportunity that could change your life.  Similar to a class about morality that I took this semester, it keeps emphasizing the importance of giving. Everyone is capable of giving. It could be big or small.

Now, giving money to other is still kind of a hard thing for me. However, I'll try by bring my own chopsticks, using the stairs, and being a volunteer.

You could try it too!
Cause everyone is capable of giving!