April 11, 2014

Day 64 [April 11th] Survival Weekend – A True Story of Survivors

Survival weekend is a three-day activity that brings Erasmus students in Czech Universities all together in the wild with bound fire and a lot of alcohol. I know, it sounds meaningful, interesting, and extremely exciting. But that is not why it’s called “Survival” weekend.


Surviving requires not only wit, courage, strength but also a team to back you up and complete deadly missions. The connection between people who face life and death situation together is unbreakable, which was what I shared with my teammates in those 72 hours.

We climbed and held on the tree for  15  minutes in total, yes, with beer as bonus. 



   
We ate worms in order to live. That’s right, W-O-R-M-S
(Some of us even did a WORMS SHOT cause we have to finish ALL of them)




We were moving like worms for about 150 meters after eating worms .
( I can total feel them moving in my stomach.)



We sacrificed our clothes on the behave  of the team to make the longest rope.
(Some have only boxer left while some wears only bra and thong.)

During the survival weekend, I knew more about the culture from their country and their Czech University. People were more willing to do things that people in Taiwan will barely try. What’s more, I noticed the unspoken rule here is really different from what I’m used to. When half of the people disappeared from a party, it means more than just “going to sleep.” And on the next day, people seem to avoid eyes contact with certain person. How fascinating and weird at the same time that things could be so different from what we have known.

This really is one of the best weekend in my Erasmus semester. So what are you waiting for?

All you need is  Wit


Strength

Courage


And you will have your team


Eventually, SURVIVE!



Still, remember that things could be FATAL sometimes.
Video Survival Weekend – Epic bumping ball
But I managed to survive that! Cheers!
Thanks to my friend Mirek for the amazing pictures :)