February 21, 2014

Day 18 - Graduation Dancing Ball

Today, we practically did nothing in the morning. Melissa hurt her knee last night in the party of Czech presentation. Therefore, we can't really be someplace cause it hurts all the time. But we manage to do the laundry, which was a big thing cause it's really troublesome to do it in the dorm. First off, you need a great sense of direction to accomplish it. Second, you have to go back and forth to the reception for many times. Third, you have to dry it!!! Can't believe it costs us 30kc without helping us drying the clothes.

While doing the laundry, I met two Russian guys who speak in Russian to me in the very beginning. I guess I have an "I speak Russian" look. They were nice and asked me for my Facebook. And as usual,
I forgot their name as soon as they finished introducing themselves. I really have to get used to it. It's so easy to forget someone's name when people first meet. And now, it is even easier cause people's names are really hard to pronounce and they speak so fast. 

Later in the evening, we went to the graduation dancing ball on the first floor of our dorm. This is our first time being on such occasion so it really get us nervous. We met our Czech friend Kawa there and chat with her. Later, we watch the opening of the graduation dancing ball. There were about 15 students, all seriously dressed up. To us, they look like 20 something. Some 23, some 25 years old. So judged by the number and the look of the students, we supposed it was a graduation of masters. However, in the conversation with Kawa, we found out that this graduation was actually for high school (secondary school.) Surprise!!  We thought we will be the youngest students when we arrived. Yet the fact is totally the opposite one.

     I really drank more than I was in Taiwan. I took one cherry shot and lemon shot. Honestly, they didn't taste really good. But acceptable. I learned why "shot" called "shot" and why people have to drink it fast within one sip because it is not much liquid and the longer it stays in your mouth, the easier you can get drunk. That makes me think, so why and how do people TASTE wine or drinks? Why are they drinking if they didn't really want to taste it? It is simply to get drunk? I guess I'll figure it out later in this 5 months!

      Tonight, I tried to ask a guy for a dance. It's not a HOT nightclub dance but a disco kind of thing. I don't know if it is proper for a girl to ask a guy to dance in western culture. But why not? Let's not be too conservative. His English isn't very good. Yet good enough for me to find out that he's the teacher of the students who graduate today. Wow, they looked like they were in the same age. Crazy people!

Almost at the end of the party, I felt really sick and started coughing. It got me worry if I might be a little bit too sick :( We will see. By the way, the doorman was really nice. He smiles all the time. He also said, "Smiling could not only make you happy. It can also make others happy." That's what I think!!!!

Before going to bed, I kept hesitating whether to buy some medicine against cold. Then I recalled that there is no medicine better than God. So I prayed. And I didn't cough at all after that. God Is Good! Moreover, I felt a lot better when I woke up. God is Great!